In this series of video I will show you how to make the poppy styled flower shown on the right. These videos are from a series that are on You Tube under the heading 'Needlelace Made Easy'. There are nine video's in all to watch and learn.
The stitches used in this design are Corded Single Brussels, Double Corded Brussels, Williamson Stitch, Ardenza Stitch (also called Up and Down stitch) and in the middle Spiders Web Stitch.
A pattern and instructions for laying the outline or cordonnet for this design are available by clicking here.
- Part 1 Introduction to Needlelace
- Part 2 Laying the Outline Threads or Cordonnet
- Part 3 The filling stitches - Corded Single Brussels 1
- Part 4 The filling stitches - Corded Single Brussels 2
- Part 5 The filling stitches - Spiders Web Stitch
- Part 6 The filling stitches - Corded Double Brussels
- Part 7 The filling stitches - Corded Ardenza Stitch (also known as Corded Up and Down Stitch
- Part 8 The filling stitches - Williamson Stitch
- Part 9 Top Stitching and Releasing the lace from the needlelace pad